Monday 12 May 2014

Shorts Package: Daffy about Daffy Duck

Hello I am going to do another Shorts Package. This time it is about The Looney Tunes, specifically Daffy Duck. So without further delay I give you the first short. Oh, and since yesterday was mothers day I ran out of time while getting ready for it to draw a cartoon.

Drip-Along Daffy: Daffy Duck (Mel Blanc) and his sidekick Porky Pig (also Mel Blanc) are trying to bring order to a lawless western town. What makes this one so funny is that there is one scene in particular in which an outlaw makes a drink and forces Porky and Daffy to drink it. This causes them to sing Mary had a Little Lamb and do other crazy stuff. Another scene at the beginning involves the town being full of crime, but I won't give the punchline for that one away. It's Daffy and Porky in the old west, what more can you say?






The Ducksters: Daffy Duck is hosting a radio game show called Truth or AAAHHHHH! (brought to you by The Eagle Hand Laundry) and Porky is a contestant. But being Daffy, the show is rigged. So Porky is in constant pain. The best part of this is the end where Porky gets his revenge on Daffy. It is great fun to laugh at the ridiculous trivia questions that Daffy asks on the show. This is a great Looney Tunes short and I am glad I chose it to be one of the shorts I reviewed.






Yankee Doodle Duck: Porky Pig runs a talent agency and he decides to go on vacation but Daffy holds him up because he has a kid named Sleepy Lagoo that he wants to audition. Porky tries to escape from Daffy but he follows Porky everywhere. What makes this one so funny is all the corny musical numbers that Daffy performs and all the ways he tries to catch Porky. In my opinion this is my favorite short that I reviewed so far.






I hope you like this review. You can watch all these shorts on The Looney Tunes Golden Collection Disk 2. Next I am reviewing Chicken Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment