Monday 7 April 2014

Top Ten Worst Villain Songs

Something I have noticed in musicals is that usually the movie villains are given the best songs. But that's not always the case. Sometimes they have horrible songs, so I am counting them down. The rules are: it has to be a musical number sung by the villain of the movie that I find bad.


10 Lets Talk About Me from The Muppets
Nothing to kick off this list like a bad rap song. Under normal circumstances I would put this song at number one. But this song is meant to be bad (I hope). Do I really have to say why this song is bad?





9 Yodel-Adle-Eedle-Idle-Oo from Home on the Range
The song itself is kind of catchy. But it totally ruins the image of the villain. He is built up to be intimidating and mysterious but when we first see him...he is a yodeling cowboy...I can't take that seriously.




8 Fidelity Fiduciary Bank from Mary Poppins
Like Yodel-Adle-Eedle-Idle-Oo this one is hard to take seriously. I just can't really be intimidated by some banker trying to steal money from a little kid.




7 I Want It Now from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory
This song is sung by Veruca Salt, a very bratty little girl. This song is bad for two reasons: first of all, it makes no sense because none of the other kids get a song and secondly nothing is intimidating about a little girl demanding stuff.


6 Pretty Bird from Rio
 You know how I said that Lets Talk About me is a bad rap song? Well this is even worse...no wait it's not...but still pretty bad. Also the lyrics make no sense.




5 How Bad Can I Be from The Lorax (2012)
What's worse then a bad rap song? A bad pop song. It sounds like the composer was trying to be cool and modern but it fails on so many levels.



4 Ruber from Quest for Camelot
Ruber is kind of just talking with the music in the background, which sometimes works but not in this case. Actually, it sounds like he is making it up on the spot.



3 Money is Such a Beautiful Word from Tom and Jerry the Movie
This song is just generic and boring the whole way through. Also villains who are motivated by greed seem to be the weakest type of villains.







2 Just Say Yes from The Secret of NIMH 2: Timmy To The Rescue
Like Money is Such a Beautiful Word this song is just bland. I really don't hear a rhythm to the song at all. Also there is a weird interlude where they are in Candyland....




1 Chu-Chi Face from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
I honestly don't know what say about this song. It is just awful. It doesn't even sound like a villain song. So it shouldn't even be on the list. But it is for one reason: the two people singing the song are trying to kill each other. Honestly the song speaks for it's self.










Well this has been my top ten worst villain songs. I hope you like it. Now if you excuse me I am going to listen to some actual good music.





MR.BIRDMAN


No comments:

Post a Comment