Friday 19 September 2014

Shorts Package: Aardman Shorts

I am back with a shorts package, this time it is Shorts from Aardman. If you don't know Aardman is the company responsible for Wallace and Gromit, Shaun the Sheep, Chicken Run and other projects. But enough chit chat let's go.



Creature Comforts: In creature comforts several different animals in a zoo are interviewed and they share their opinion on living in a zoo. I think it is clever and if animals could talk that is probably what they would say. I do admit the audio quality is a bit bad but I can forgive it because of how funny it is. Also the short is so popular it apparently spawned a web series. Over all I think my favorite short is this one.









Wat's Pig: Two princes are seperated at birth; one becomes a greedy king and the other becomes a content farmer. The King's kingdom is being invaded and it turns out that The Farmer is in the army. I like it because it shows the contrast of their lives and the use of split screens. If there is something I didn't like it's that the reason that they get separated is a bit sudden and unexplained.







Not Without my Handbag: This one is probably the weirdest short here. The plot is a girl is living with her aunt. Her aunt doesn't keep up with the payments on her washing machine so her aunt is sent to hell. Wait it gets weirder; her aunt remembers that she left her handbag in the world of the living so she comes back from the dead to find it. Wait it gets weirder; a devil comes to reclaim her soul by possessing her handbag. I think I like this simply because of how weird it is. The animation in this seems a bit different than in others. I think they might have used wood puppets instead of clay ones.





Aardman is a great company and all these shorts are worth watching you can probably watch them on the internet or find them on DVD. You should also check out the Creature Comforts web series. Well see you next tine where I review Wreck-it Ralph. P.S. I hope design of my blog.

MAN OF THE MOUNTAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment